Imagine depositing a cash gift from Mom and having your loan application denied! If you are looking to buy a home, you will definitely want to learn these 20 things not to do. And remember to talk to a mortgage professional first.
1. Enter credit counseling.
2. Change jobs.
3. Freeze your credit file.
4. Change the way you get paid.
5. Go on commission.
6. Buy a car.
7. Move money from one account to another.
8. Deposit cash.
9. Spend money.
10. Apply for credit.
11. Get a new credit card or personal loan.
12. Pay off debt.
13. Miss a payment.
14. Co-sign for a loan.
15. Dispute something on your credit report.
16. Become an authorized user on someone’s credit card.
17. Add someone to your bank account.
18. Overdraw your bank account.
19. Pay off or make any payments on a collection.
20. Settle a debt.
Of course, none of things will always cause a problem with your application, but any of them can. If you are looking to buy a home, refinance a home, or apply for any type of real estate loan, talk to a lender first!